Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's So Hard to Find Good Help These Days

I am 15 right now, and at the time of this "incident" I was 14. The scene is just out in downtown Darien, Connecticut, which is a pretty safe state if I do say so myself. I was waiting on a bench right next to a family restaurant FULL of people, while my friends left to go to a Starbucks not 50 yards away. While I was sitting and waiting for my parents to pick me up, I noticed two "gentlemen" come up to me. They said a few sentences, but all I managed to get out was "Are you alright? You sure look alright. You want us to wait with you?" All the while they kept leering at me and smiling, and I could tell they were smashed. I just kept saying "I'm fine, I'm okay" until they crossed the street. I immediately went to go to my friends at the Starbucks and I said "Those drunk guys were hitting on me" to which a guy friend of mine responded "Those weren't just any drunk guys, those were firemen!"


Originally posted by HollaBackNYC